There are many fair and carnival games that are popular. They are usually a “pay per play” basis and are broken down into a few categories:
SKILL – these games would test the players aim at hitting a target with something, like a ball or a ring or a pellet.
- Ring Toss – where players throw rings onto bottles or pegs to win prizes.
- Balloon Darts – where players throw darts at balloons to pop them and win a prize.
- Basketball Shootout – where players shoot a basketball into a hoop to win prizes.
- Milk Bottle Toss – where players try to knock over a stack of milk bottles with a ball to win prizes.
- High Striker – where players use a mallet to hit a target and ring a bell to win a prize.
CHANCE – these games involve some kind of randomizing event, like something with dice or spinning wheels. Everyone has the same chance of winning a prize.
- Spin a Winner – players spin a wheel and win the prize that it lands on.
- Gone Fishin’ – players pick an object at random which reveals a prize.
- Dime Pitch – toss a coin onto a plate or board.
- Whack-a-Mole – where players use a mallet to hit toy moles as they pop up.
KIDDIE – where little kids can win something every time.
- Duck Pond – where players pick up ducks with numbers on them and win a prize based on the number.
- Lucky Dip – where players pick a mystery prize out of a container without knowing what it is.
- Fishing Game – where players try to catch fish with magnetic poles to win prizes.
These are just a few examples, and there are many other fair games that are popular and can be enjoyed by people of all ages.